Just over a decade ago, legendary jazz label Verve began to open its vaults to select producers and DJs, allowing them to remix classic Verve material. I remember when the first Verve Remixed came out, and thought about how progressive the label was taking on a project like this on such a large and official scale.
The label is still holding strong to the Remixed series and their latest edition features a whole host of Manalogue favorites in the likes of Pretty Lights, Maya Jane Coles, Flume, C2C, RAC, Zeds Dead, etc. They re-interpreted classic tunes by some of the greatest female singers in history, including Nina Simone, Astrud Gilberto and Billie Holiday.
We’re happy to say that we’re giving away a copy of the double vinyl LP, one black, one red in a beautiful gatefold packaging.
- Give us a shout on Facebook or Twitter
- When doing so, tell us your favourite track from the album
- One lucky winner will be chosen at random.
If you’re not familiar, check the tracks below. You can also grab the release from iTunes.
Latest posts by Manalogue (see all)
- OFF RECORDINGS 100 (VARIOUS ARTISTS) - September 30, 2014
- JOSH BUTLER & BONTAN FEAT JOSH BARRY: WE FOUND A PLACE [MTA RECORDS] - September 29, 2014
- JUST KIDDIN: THINKING ABOUT IT [FFRR/ETON MESSY RECORDS] - September 26, 2014