Every Friday Lotek and I produce and host a weekly radio show on 92.9 KICK FM. The initial format for the show was all remixes-of-songs-you-probably-know and mashups but more often than not we play a lot of new electro. Lately, the wobble gets me moving so I play as much bass music as possible. It’s funny, I still think it sounds like UK garage / speed garage / UKG. Since a few of the tunes played tonight were sent to this blog, I figured I’d make a huge post of that material…time is super limited these days. (The material without download links I bought / don’t have permission to share.)
I grabbed this one from beatport. It’s a wicked summer house tune.
I’ve always been a huge Aphex Twin fan. ZUCKR‘s remix modernizes the tune and tweaks it for the dancefloor.
02. Aphex Twin – Windowlicker (Zuckr’s Breakbeat Chop mix)
TEVAR does a simple but clever A+B mashup. Ace material really. Normally I try not to play two of the same tracks in a set, never mind back to back. I thought these went well together though.
03. Aphex Twin vs M.I.A. – Windowlickin’ (Tevar mashup)
GIVE ME A KISS are some of my new fav’s. This track is so Justice and so good! Wicked build up and perfect for an opening set.
04. Give Me a Kiss – No More Patient (Original mix)
Seriously heavy electro from NO1ELSE.
Courtesy of SCION A/V. DROP THE LIME has been all over my business with his wobble.
06. Drop the Lime – Howling (Original mix)
More wobble. I love this tune and shamelessly played it on the show before.
07. Dolby Anol - Puppies (Blende remix)
The second BLOC PARTY remix album is amazing. The ARMAND VAN HELDEN remix was the first single off of Intimacy Remixed.
08. Bloc Party – Signs (Armand Van Helden remix)
This track is so subtle and kind of draws me in by surprise with its minimal club wobble combo.
09. Cubic Zirconia – Fuck Work (Proper Villains and Jubilee remix)
When I lived in Brighton, I was lucky enough to see STANTON WARRIORS nearly every month. They put on a great show and their production is incredible and so adaptable. This one’s off of the Stanton Sessions Vol. 3 compilation.
10. Stanton Warriors feat Too Short – Raw Meat
Both sides of this single are incredible. The flip is a bit cheeky, but everyone likes hearing it.
Later on, I dropped one of their CORRECT EFFECT‘s originals but for now, here’s an ace remix of DANCE AREA.
12. Dance Area – 24/7 (Correct Effect remix)
For some reason I had doubts about PANCE PARTY. Perhaps it was because they sent their tunes as M4As. Maybe they’ll read this and send Manalogue MP3 replacements?
13. Deejay Raph – FMIF (Pance Party remix)
You’ve heard this one before.
14. Dirty Disco Youth – Eye of the Tiger
This is the CORRECT EFFECT referenced earlier. So gritty but rolls so nice.
15. Correct Effect – Effective (Original mix)
Clubby maximalism from Eli Smith.
17. Eli Smith – Party All Night (DJ version)