Sorry no pretty pictures just yet. I wanted to get this post done more than anything…been a bit quiet round these here parts. This is the playlist from tonight’s radio show. THE SHAKE runs every Friday on 92.9 KICK FM in Winnipeg. You can stream the show at www.kick.fm
Jason was visiting family so once again I was the soul beat captain. The journey starts slowly, moving into grime, garage, and hip hop. Loads of French house and some ace remixes. I can’t escape the big wave stompers so in the end, that’s what you’re left with. Straight to the digs then.
01. Lil Mama – Lip Gloss (Ghislain Poirier remix)
Montreal’s king of dub hammers the rnb swinger into a minimal bass monster.
02. OH SNAP! – High Top Fade
Kid n Play throwback fun rap with oh so wobbly basslines. Eat it up.
03. Cadence Weapon – House Music (A1 Bassline remix)
From Edmonton Alberta, the latest Canadian rap rage revved-up in the garage customized by London garage renegades. A1 Bassline are killin it!
04. The Whitest Boy Alive – Golden Cage (Fred Falke remix)
Changed direction here. Beautiful French house remix by one of the French Touch. Played best when welcoming the sunrise.
05. Justice – D.A.N.C.E. (Les Rhythms Digitales remix)
No, not another D.A.N.C.E. remix. It’s been hacked over and over but this is Stuart Price. OMG. I’m callin it too: best remix of 2008. Get ready to ignite!
06. Decalicious – La Faviere 76 (Larsz Chaptier)
Wonkey German techno and filtered house. Crazy good.
07. CSS – Music is My Hot Hot Sex (KILL THE NOISE remix)
Cansei de Ser Sexy at a robotdisco run by the electro mafia.
08. Death From Above 1979 – Sexy Results (MSTRKRFT edition)
This song seems ancient. If yer unfamiliar, scoop this up.
09. Michael Jackson – P.Y.T. (Marquis remix)
Not much left of the original tune in this remix but it’s sweetness makes up for it. As with most things this sugary, it’s best to serve this occasionally.
10. Armand Van Helden – You Don’t Know Me (GRUM remix)
Don’t be put off by the beatless strobed intro. Once this drops it’s all forgiven.
11. DJ Missil – Glitch (Tepr remix)
Simultaneous bomber and laser assult.
12. The Teenagers – No Love (Delorean remix)
French and Spanish indie love affair.
13. The Whip – Trash (South Central remix)
Bass and chainsaw reworking. Plus, it’s Manchester meets Brighton. It’s an older righteousness. Heavy.
14. The Kills – Cheap and Cheerful (Nite Cells bored robot remix)
You’re left with a bit of monster here. It starts slowly but then the bassline gets ground up into long meaty sausages. (Really, did I just write that?)